5 Ways to Increase Visitors to your Website
Posted: January 8, 2008
Many people ask me how to increase traffic to their websites and, although there is no one simple solution, I think the best way to start is to look at how your site ranks in the search engines. The following are some tips to help increase your organic search engine rankings:
- Increase the number of other websites that link to your site. Google treats incoming links as a vote for your website, so this is one of the most important factors in helping your search engine ranking. Having links on other sites also helps users looking for similar content to find your site. A good example of a link is getting an article written on a website about your product or service with a link to your website at the end of the article.
- Make sure your Page Titles and content is full of keywords. Look at your page titles and determine whether it might be worth adding some different keywords to them. Visitors may not just type in your company’s name into a search engine but may also type in something relating to your products or services.
- Minimize the usage of Flash and other technologies that prevent search engines from finding your keywords.
- Update your site regularly to keep visitors interested in coming back.
- Promote your product or service through sites like Facebook by starting a group or create a video to post onto Youtube. Make it easy for internet users to find your site.
These are just a few basic tips for improving your search engine rankings.